I cannot believe it's already Thursday. This week has flown by at light speed. I first starting blogging a few years ago to organize my ideas and get them down on
cyberspace. 406 posts ago, back on October 19, 2010, I wrote
. Since then, I have enjoyed sharing my design inspiration with my family, friends, and everyone in between, and meeting bloggers from as close as Boston and as far as Chicago. It has been a fun journey, and I have no intention of throwing in the towel anytime soon.
Last year, my friend Tracey, who I met while waitressing during college summers, started
, where she writes about fitness, food, fashion, home decor, and travel. A few weeks ago, she sent me a Liebstar Award. Thanks, Tracey! This recognition started in Germany as a way to showcase blogs with less than 200 followers, and to inspire readers to delve into blogs they may not have otherwise come across. This may quite possibly be the longest post I've ever written, but it's a fun one, I promise!
Of course, a few easy rules ensue to accept this prestigious... :).... award.
11 facts about myself-
- My pet peeve is when exterior windows don't line up. I think it throws off the rhythm of the entire design, and it drives me cwazy! So doesn't people who say cwazy.
- After 8 years of practicing yoga, I can finally do a headstand, and I am very proud. Eka Pada Koundiyanasana is next!
- I will take the backroads instead of the highway, even if it makes the trip longer, just to look at houses and scenery.
- I find cooking extremely relaxing, and never really stop thinking about food.
- I may be the only woman on the face of the earth who does not enjoy getting manicures and pedicures.
- I'd rather walk the 3 miles home from school in the rain than take the T at rush hour, hands down.
- I rarely make the bed, but loooooove clean sheets.
- If I could have any wish, it would be to eat whatever I wanted and not gain a single pound.
- I was born in Italy.
- I married my high school sweetheart, and he is the greatest person I know.
Tracey's questions and my answers-
- What is your favorite thing to go shopping for? Did I mention I have a shoe abuse problem? My most recent splurge:
- Favorite nail polish color? My favorite color is white, and I like that on nails too.
- What is you go-to meal to cook for yourself, or when entertaining? Lately, I've been eating a lot of egg sandwiches. An over easy egg, sauteed spinach and onion, a slice of cheddar cheese, avocado, on toasted bread slathered with dijon mustard. Todiefor.
- What is your ideal date night? A glass of Syrah on the beach, toes in the sand.
- If you could choose one season to live in, which would it be? Honestly, I really enjoy every season, which is one reason why I love New England. The Public Garden in the spring, beach and boat in the summer, orchards in the fall, and skiing in the winter.
- What's the one piece of makeup you can't live without? Mascara. I've been using the same brand for 10 years.
- Actor you crushed on during you teenage years? Does Taylor Hanson count? He still looks pretty good, actually.
- Favorite TV show on right now? Mad Men. I've converted more than half of my family to be religious watchers as well.
- First blog you read everyday? Coco + Kelley. Cassandra Lavalle has the most tasteful eye!
- Favorite sport or way to get exercise in? I'm addicted to Back Bay Yoga's Hip Hop Yoga.
The blogs I am Liebstarring are:
- Margaux at Fit Foodie. One of my greatest friends became my sister in law when G. and I tied the knot. Margaux is a Californian kickboxer who is the west coast's best motivator for getting your butt outside and to the gym.
- Danielle at Blush + Ivory. Another sister in law, Danielle is wonderful writer with impeccable taste.
- Katie at The Small Boston Kitchen. She's not one of my sisters, but Katie and I share a passion for food. She is a local personal chef, and her blog will make you drool.
- Julie at Where We Are. Another Boston Blogger, Julie posts about home decor and design, fashion, and loves the number three. (I hope she doesn't mind all of the 11s that come along with the Liebstar Award)
Ladies, here are my questions for you:
- What are your favorite places to find inspiration or be inspired?
- What color do you see the most of in your wardrobe?
- Who are your style mavens? (interiors or fashion)
- What are 5 words you would use to describe yourself?
- What are your 5 favorite blogs to read?
- What is your favorite local restaurant?
- How do you express you creativity?
- What motivates you?
- What are 3 things you couldn't live without everyday?
- What is one staple recipe in your cooking repertoire?
- If a genie granted you 3 wishes, what would they be?
Thanks, Tracey! Be sure you head over to and follow Talkative TLC, and my Liebstarred blogs above to read their responses:)